Water Damage Restoration Specialists
Experts in Water, Flood & Sewage Cleanup for Homes & Businesses
Water damage doesn’t seem like it would compare to fire or wind damage, but it can actually be much more insidious. Rot, mold and decay can destroy a home in ways you are completely unaware of until they occur. Whenever damage occurs, whether from a flood, burst pipe or other reason, professional restoration should be sought out immediately.
Steps to Repair Water Damage
- Inspection. The first step of the restoration will be an inspection. Perform a check of your home before our inspector arrives to help guide him to the areas where the damage is most obvious. Keep an eye out for stains on the walls, floor and ceiling, as well as any puddles or other indicators of severe damage. Ensure that the electricity to that part of the home is deactivated to prevent the risk of electric shock.
- Estimate. The inspector will examine the area thoroughly and determine the full amount of work that is required to restore your home. This may involve tearing out carpet (although in many cases, carpet can be dried out using cutting-edge technology) and replacing ruined drywall. If the damage is severe enough, a complete remodel may be necessary, particularly if the foundation has been damaged.
- Cleanup. While the restoration is taking place, deodorizers will be placed in your home to prevent the smell of mildew from permeating everything. If you are still living in the home at the time, the damaged area will be sealed off if possible to provide our contractors with a working area and to prevent putting your family in harm’s way.
- Drying. The next step of a restoration is drying out the affected area. This usually takes no more than three or four days.
- Repairs or remodeling. Repairing the actual damage can take as many as several weeks to complete. The length depends on the severity of the damage.
Throughout the entire process, AnyWeather Restoration will communicate with you to keep you updated and inform you of any potential problems that may arise. We will also keep you appraised as to whatever costs may arise during the process.