Service Technician Level 5
Available HVAC Job at AnyWeather Heating & Air
About This Service Technician Level 5 Position
To provide maintenance and repairs on a wide variety of residential and commercial heating and air conditioning systems according to company standards providing the customer with a high quality experience. Assist with training Service Technicians Level 1-4. Provide feedback to Service Manager regarding technical training needs, inventory and retail pricing. Develop training programs for the service department as needed and directed.
$24.00 – $30.00 / hour
Duties and Responsibilites
- Purchase / Maintain required tool list for Service Technician Level 5
- Arrive at jobsite at scheduled time and location as dispatched
- Relocate from one jobsite to another jobsite as dispatched during the workday
- Report to dispatcher when arriving and leaving jobsite
- Operate company vehicle as needed.
- Follow instructions from supervisor and/or dispatcher and carry out in timely manner
- Report problems with company tools or vehicle promptly
- Report problems with equipment to Dispatcher to expedite parts delivery
- Communicate with customers and collect C.O.D. on maintenance visits as directed
- Ability to work staggered schedule if required
- Maintain professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Complete all service related forms properly
- Provide all customers with new / renewal maintenance agreement program information
- Acquire commercial and residential planned maintenance agreements
- Inform and educate customers on additional products or services available through company
- Inform customer of replacement options following company guidelines
- Ability to work staggered schedule if required
- On call status for emergency service as required
- Train and instruct Service Technicians Level 1 -4 as directed
- Converse with facilities engineers, building and homeowners, and general contractors*
- Communicate clearly, the ideas and explanations of problems to customers and coworkers
- Diagnose and troubleshoot a wide range of residential and commercial equipment, present repair and replacement options
- Complete service repairs as approved by customer. Perform the following technical duties:
- Advanced electrical and refrigeration principles
- Service tools and testing devices.
- Ability to layout and install refrigeration piping
- Ability to layout, design and install low voltage wiring
- Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams and blueprints and make accurate material lists
- Advanced diagnostic, repair and provide preventative maintenance on a wide range of residential and light commercial equipment without supervision
- HVAC building code compliance.
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques
- Advanced experience in presenting repair and replacement options
- Operation of scissors and genie lifts in safe manner
- Basic sheet metal practices
- Air balancing principles, techniques and diagnostics with velometer or hood
- Calculate equipment efficiency and operating costs
- Champion of flat rate pricing for the team
- Responsible for establishing technical training schedule based upon team needs for the calendar year as directed by Service Manager
- Create & present training seminars and classes for in-house meetings as directed by Service Manager
- Establish proper seasonal inventory for both shop and truck stock as directed by Service Manager
- Other duties as assigned
8:00am to 4:00pm, with 1 hour lunch; alternating on call schedule to cover 24/7 emergency service; some weekends and evenings
- Valid drivers license.
- EPA Universal Refrigerant Handling License
- Demonstrate willingness to invest in tools used in Service of HVAC equipment.
- Demonstrate willingness to invest time in service training seminars and classes.
- Work from 28′ extension ladder and 12′ step ladder.
- Low Voltage License
- Meet all qualifications and have all tools required for Service Technicians Level 1-4.
- Including ability to demonstrate working knowledge of daily, weekly, monthly skills noted below.
- Understand and communicate benefits of preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrate advanced customer service skills and have ability to communicate clearly, idea’s and explanations of problems to residential and commercial customers and coworkers
- Demonstrate willingness to accept responsibility and leadership roles.
- Experience in training and mentoring service technicians.
- Operate scissors and genie lifts in safe manner.
- Nate Core Certification & Acquire Specialty Certifications With-in 1 Year of Service Technician Level 5
Physical Demands and Environment
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Why Work for AnyWeather Heating & Air?
- Paid Vacation days
- Company provided uniforms
- Plenty of opportunities- we service the entire tri-state area and our appointments fill up in advance
- Paid medical insurance
- Company provided trucks, fully stocked with parts and equipment
- Family owned and managed
Ready to Apply?
Have questions? Contact AnyWeather Heating & Air using the form below.